Sunday 3 February 2013

Best Drawing Pens

After many years of constant drawing, and innumerable hours of covering paper in inky lines, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of my favourite pens for drawing.

I get so many emails asking me for advice about best materials to use for my style of drawing, so here we go! 

My top 5 drawing pens!

1) Rapidograph
A pricey investment but with these bad boys, you get what you pay for!

A radiograph set will cost you around £45. But if you look after them, they'll last you a lifetime.

 This includes 3 pens of different weights: 0.10, 0.25 and 0.5.
You also get a ruler set, and the draftsman pencil set.

TIP: CASSart in London have constant sales on these sets, so check in there first!


2) Steadler 

Cheap and trusty, they may wear out quickly however they're super fast drying, and give a true line.

Usual RRP around £6.



3) Faber Castell 


Pwoar!!

These pens are amazing - they last for a long time and they have a true line. The only slight issue is the nib tends to bend a little too easily.

But still in the top 3!
TIP: Buy online! You'll save a penny or two.


4) Artline


A while back, the lovely Artline team in Australia sent me a treasure trove of merchandise for me to get lost in for a few weeks. In the package was a set of these pens. The Artline drawing system pens are similar to the Staedler range. Cheaply priced and good quality, they are well worth a go.

In weights 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 0.8

5) Q-Connect


This is a fairly recent discovery for me. The Q-connect fineliner with a nib width of 0.4mm.
Hardy and resilient, it's worth a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment